Part III - UNM Finance: Practical Applications

SARM Site Search


Standard Accounting Resource Manual (SARM)

MSC 0000 00
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131

Transfer vs. Allocation: How to Tell

Movement of funds between programs, such as between Educational programs and Research programs, is a transfer.  Movements within programs, such as moving Instructional and General funds from the Nursing Instructional and General program at HSC to the Pharmacy Instructional and General program at HSC, is an allocation. 

The accounting structure used by UNM will help you determine which sort of transaction you are contemplating, and the FORITAH Transfer Allocation report (in MyReports) will assist you in preparing the entry.