VI. Purchase Order Modifications/Change Order Requests

Change Orders are used to modify or cancel an Internal Purchase Requisition or a Purchase Order.

The process for modifying or canceling an Internal Purchase Order may vary by internal service department.  If a department wishes to modify or cancel an Internal PR the department should contact the service department directly for instructions.

The Purchasing department can only make modifications or cancellations of Regular and Standing Purchase Orders.  Change Order requests are made using an electronic form available from the Banner Applications Channel under the Employee Life tab of the UNM Portal located at  Change Order request forms are received by the Purchasing department, who will obtain any necessary approvals from central accounting offices.  There are guidelines to assist you in determining what changes may be made to a Purchase Order.  These Change Order Guidelines may be found at